Rapper Troy Ave has been arrested and charged in connection with a shooting incident at T.I.’s New York City concert on Wednesday night (25May16).
The 30-year-old, real name Roland Collins, was backstage at T.I.’s Irving Plaza gig when shots rang out, killing one man and leaving three others injured, including Troy.
The deceased male was identified his bodyguard, 33-year-old Ronald McPhatter.
On Thursday (26May16), officials at the New York City Police Department released security footage taken from the venue, showing Troy Ave firing at least one gunshot in the green room.
Police officials have told local news station ABC 7 they are awaiting ballistics test results, hoping to determine if there was more than one shooter in the room.
Cops also tell the station Troy Ave shot himself in the leg during a struggle at the venue, and after the incident, he was taken to nearby New York University Hospital, and later transferred to Bellevue Hospital, where he was arrested.
He has been charged with attempted murder and two counts of criminal possession of a weapon, but could face more charges pending the ballistics results.
Meanwhile, the Whatever You Like hitmaker spoke out about the incident for the first time on Thursday, taking to Twitter to send condolences to all those involved in the shooting.
“My heart is heavy today,” he tweeted. “Our music is intended to save lives, like it has mine and many others. My heartfelt condolences to the family that suffered the loss & my prayers are with all those injured.”
Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem are in talks to reunite on the big screen in Iranian director Asghar Farhadi’s new film.
The filmmaker is developing an untitled Spanish-language film and the married couple is in advanced talks to take the leads.
The movie will be produced by Penelope and Javier’s frequent collaborator Pedro Almodovar and his wife Agustin’s El Deseo film company.
Plot details are currently being kept under wraps, but the story will reportedly centre on a family of winemakers in Spain.
“It’s a psychological thriller with a dash of Agatha Christie in it,” co-producer Alexandre Mallet-Guy tells Variety.com. “The script is a real page-turner.”
Production is scheduled to begin later this year (16).
Penelope and Javier have previously starred together in Vicky Cristina Barcelona and The Counselor, and they will appear in the upcoming film Escobar, about journalist Virginia Vallejo, who romanced Colombian crime boss Pablo Escobar in the 1980s.
Scottish singer Shirley Manson attributes her trust issues to her traumatic first sexual experience.
The Garbage star previously revealed she engaged in an underage sexual relationship with an unnamed Edinburgh music teacher when she was 15-years-old, telling the Sydney Morning Herald she would have sex with him in the back of his van during a 2013 interview.
But now the 49-year-old has opened up about a scary experience she had with a boy when she was just 13.
“He grabbed a knife and told me he was going to stick it up my vagina,” she tells Billboard.com. “It frightened the s**t out of me.”
The rock star admits the incident triggered a series of issues for her, adding, “I think that’s where it all began to unravel.
“I just had this realisation: ‘Why am I distrustful all the time?’ It’s probably because of that. I spent so long disgusted about myself. I would sob in the bathroom, because I thought I was failing.”
Shirley claims school bullies and her tough mum also left her battling self-esteem issues throughout her teenage years.
“My mom was always the hardest on me because I looked the most like her,” she says. “She would tell my two sisters they were beautiful, but tell me I had a great personality. I just thought I was an ugly b**tard.”
Despite her struggles, Shirley has a brighter outlook on life these days although she still wrestles dark feelings and emotions from time to time.
“I’ll feel really grateful for the success I’ve enjoyed, but then, at some point in the month, a dark Shirley returns – and her voice gets really loud,” she adds. “I’ll feel like a f**king idiot because I don’t have goals. I have self-doubt and frustrations and disappointments. I think it’s part of the human condition. Even someone like Beyonce doesn’t f**king believe in herself 24/7!”
Embattled comedian Bill Cosby was attracted to the woman accusing him of sexual assault, according to his deposition.
The Cosby Show star, 78, appeared in Montgomery County Courthouse, Pennsylvania on Tuesday (24May16) for a preliminary hearing on felony charges of aggravated indecent assault, amid allegations he drugged and sexually assaulted former Temple University employee Andrea Constand at his home in the state in 2004.
Judge Elizabeth McHugh ruled there was sufficient evidence to proceed to trial, and set his arraignment for 20 July (16).
Cosby has long maintained his innocence, but in a previously-sealed deposition obtained by People magazine, the actor revealed he had a “romantic interest” in Constand, but didn’t immediately act on it because he didn’t know her.”
According to the publication, Cosby wanted to get to know Constand and “perhaps to have some moments with her that would have to do with some sort of friendship”. Cosby claimed he began inviting Constand to his home to talk to her about “personal situations dealing with her life, growth, education, access and thoughts to how to acquire a more aggressive attitude, protecting oneself in business”.
In a January, 2005 statement, Constand claimed Cosby invited her to his home and instructed her to wear comfortable clothes.
The alleged victim alleged she was given two pills to “take the edge off” and was later sexually assaulted by the actor. At the time, officials declined to prosecute, citing “insufficient credible and admissible evidence”, but the case was reopened last year (15) after a recently-unsealed deposition Cosby had previously given as part of Constand’s civil suit a decade ago, in which he admitted to obtaining sedatives to give to women he wanted to sleep with, was made public.
The evidence, revealed almost 10 years after the civil dispute was settled, prompted prosecutors to file the criminal counts Cosby now faces. He faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted.
A survivor of the Le Bataclan theatre massacre has turned on Eagles of Death Metal singer Jesse Hughes for comments he has made about the Paris terrorist attack.
The frontman’s remarks about venue security and Muslim celebrations in the street outside have already cost his band slots at two upcoming European festivals, and now a former fan, who was at the 13 November (16) gig, has attacked Hughes for his “stupidity” and “racism”.
In an open Facebook letter addressed to Hughes, fellow Bataclan survivor Ismael El Iraki writes: “So you say the security crew was in on it (attack) and was warning every Arab they saw… I happen to be an Arab and to look very much like one. I got a big black curly beard and the skin tone to match it. I also happen to live and breathe rock n’ roll… and I could not look more Muslim if I tried.
“But apparently, the big bad Muslim conspiracy missed me. Damn, they forgot to warn me. They also forgot to warn Djamila, and all the other Arabs who got shot and killed that very night. They forgot to warn my fellow Moroccan Amin, who was shot that very night.”
Angry El Iraki adds: “What pains me most is that you do not even realize that a huge number of us who managed to get out alive of this horrible ordeal owe our lives to a Muslim guy. His name is Didi and he opened the left front door most of us got out of. This guy did something that neither you, me, or anyone else I ever met would ever have done…
“He opened the left front door, let a s**tload of people out, and then, while he was safe and sound in the street outside, HE WENT BACK IN. He turned back, and headed back in to save more people. He opened the upstairs exit and let a number of people out through there… He was a f**king hero. An unarmed, red-blooded, real-life f**king hero that you just insulted with your racist, hateful comments.”
The writer then goes on to call Hughes “a spreader of hate”, adding, “I hope you can realize how wrong that s**t you spread is, hope you can see all the wrong that you are doing.”
In previous interviews, Hughes implied he thought the venue’s security had conspired with the terrorists. He apologised for his comments, but then earlier this month (May16), he told Taki’s Magazine he witnessed Muslims “celebrating in the street during the attack”. He asked, “How did they know what was going on? There must have been coordination.”
Gucci Mane is a free man after he was released from jail on Thursday (26May16).
The rapper, real name Radric Davis, has been behind bars since August, 2014, when he was ordered to serve 39 months for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. The sentence was subsequently extended by three years after he pleaded guilty to aggravated assault following a separate attack on a fan at an Atlanta, Georgia nightclub in March, 2013.
Over the past year, there have been varying reports of the Icy hip-hop star’s release date, but on Thursday, he was sent home to complete his sentence under house arrest.
Following that, Gucci will be on probation for an undisclosed amount of time.
His lawyer Drew Findling tells TMZ.com he filed a motion arguing Gucci hadn’t received credit for previous time served months ago.
The star’s longtime girlfriend, Keyshia Ka’oir, celebrated her beau’s release by taking to Snapchat to post a close-up photo of herself holding hands with a man who appears to be Gucci.
She added the caption: “reunited”.
Baseball icon Derek Jeter will reportedly tie the knot with model Hannah Davis in Napa Valley, California this summer (16).
The New York Yankees star, who retired from the sport in 2014, popped the question to the 26-year-old Sports Illustrated Swimsuit beauty last year (Oct15) after dating on and off since 2012.
Now, according to the New York Daily News, the couple is preparing to wed in early July (16), with rumours suggesting the nuptials will take place over America’s Independence Day (04Jul16) weekend.
Derek and Hannah, who will celebrate her final days as a single gal with a bachelorette party in Miami, Florida next month (Jun16), will reportedly host a croquet party on the eve of their big day.
The famous baseball bachelor, 41, previously dated actress Minka Kelly for three years and he has also been linked to Mariah Carey, Fast & Furious star Jordana Brewster and U.S. TV personality Vanessa Lachey.
Amber Heard reportedly played the dutiful daughter-in-law by making regular visits to see husband Johnny Depp’s ailing mother prior to her death.
The actress filed for divorce from her husband of 15 months on Monday (23May16), just three days after Johnny lost his beloved mum, Betty Sue Palmer, following a long illness.
Reports have since surfaced suggesting the couple’s marriage crumbled because Johnny’s family did not approve of Amber, but a source close to the actress insists that wasn’t the case, and the 30-year-old blonde had actually formed a close bond with her 81-year-old mother-in-law as her health deteriorated over the past year.
“Amber was by Betty Sue’s side during this illness,” the insider told People.com, “and regularly visited her in the hospital.”
The pal goes on to claim the actress is “a family person,” adding, “Amber was the one that suggested that they get married at Betty Sue’s house.”
The estranged couple tied the knot in February, 2015 after first meeting on the set of 2011’s The Rum Diary.
In her legal papers, Amber listed irreconcilable differences as the reason for their separation, which officially began on 22 May (16). She is seeking spousal support, but her bid for financial help has been challenged by Johnny, who is asking a Los Angeles judge to deny her request.
He has hired top celebrity divorce lawyer Laura Wasser to represent him in court.
The couple has no children together, but the 52-year-old actor has two kids from a previous relationship with his girlfriend of 14 years, Vanessa Paradis.
Neither Johnny nor Amber have commented on their marriage breakdown.
Justin Bieber and DJ/producer Skrillex have been accused of copyright infringement over the pop superstar’s hit single Sorry.
Singer Casey Dienel, known professionally as White Hinterland, claims the Baby hitmaker’s chart smash sounds eerily similar to her track Ring The Bell, which became an indie hit in 2014.
In legal papers filed against the 22-year-old, his song co-writers, and producer Skrillex, Dienel alleges they lifted an eight-second snippet of her vocals, and then looped it to feature throughout Sorry, according to TMZ.com.
She also claims the tune features synthesizers, samples, synth bass, drums, and percussion, which all closely resemble the sounds featured on Ring The Bell.
Dienel contacted Bieber’s representatives in December (15) and threatened legal action if the star didn’t remove the sample, but her demands were reportedly ignored and now she is seeking compensation.
Bieber’s publicists have yet to respond to the accusations.
The singer is currently enjoying a break from his Purpose World Tour dates, and it appears he may be be embarking on a new romance – he was photographed out and about in Beverly Hills, California on Wednesday (25May16) with actress Nicola Peltz. The couple dined at Mastro’s Steakhouse.
The Transformers: Age of Extinction star, 21, is close to model Gigi Hadid, who is best friends with Justin’s longtime pals Kendall Jenner and Hailey Baldwin. Bieber was linked to Baldwin romantically earlier this year (16).
He’ll resume his Purpose tour on 11 June (16) in Winnipeg, Canada.
Actresses Taraji P. Henson and Natalie Dormer are among the leading ladies who will be feted at the upcoming 2016 Crystal + Lucy Awards.
The Empire star will be honoured with the Lucy award in recognition for her excellence in television, while Game of Thrones actress Dormer will be presented with The Women In Film Max Mara Face of the Future prize at the fundraising dinner, which supports the Women in Film organisation’s educational and philanthropic efforts for gender equality.
The Crystal Award for Excellence in Film will be given to a line-up of successful female producers, including Crazy Stupid Love’s Denise Di Novi, TriBeCa Film Festival co-founder Jane Rosenthal, and Mission: Impossible trilogy producer Paula Wagner.
Homeland and Mad Men director Lesli Linka Glatter will also be honoured with the BMW Dorothy Arzner Directors Award.
The recipients will be presented with their prizes during a ceremony in Los Angeles on 15 June (16).